Friday, April 24, 2009

Book Review: My Father, My Don

Hey All! Just finished reading "My Father, My Don!" I had to read it quick because my friend Jen has been bugging me to give it to her, she loves reading historical books about New York. Anyway, this book is many things. It is a memoir about a dedicated father who through good times and through bad, is always there for his son. It is a fundamental historical text that outlines the who and what of power in our lovely city when it was new and not so tightly controlled. It is also an autobiography of a man who struggled to play a different hand other than the one he was dealt. He tells his story so vividly, it makes watching the Sopranos not seem as exciting. After reading this book, I feel everyone has the ability to do anything in the face of adversity. With the love of his family, self will and faith, the author is able to reflect and look back at his life of violence and use it as an informative tool to help others to change for the better. Speak Soon, Phillster Blogger!

1 comment:

  1. Phillster Blogger, your review is highly appreaciated and very interesting,because it tells of the main points and the message I try to bring forth to the reader, you sure did capture my message into Sobriety after a life time of Mob doings and dealings...Your friend always, Tony Nap Napoli

    ReplyDelete